
This is a picture of a little boy I met when I went to San Diego with my mom and my sister. He's holding a little plastic torpedo. When I was taking pictures of him I noticed his behavior. He was sort of violent and made stomped around pretending to launch missiles everywhere. You can see the anger his face projects in this picture. Don't get my wrong, he was a cute kid, but was acting very dominant. I think that this act of violence and dominance comes from the toys he plays with.
6 comments:
I feel that its not the kids fault nor the parents. I feel that its nobodys fault, Its just the way we raised to think that toys of masditruction are for boys and things that have to do under the catorgory of house wives and that have pastel colors are for girls. Its just the way things are in our society.
This is a really interesting topic to write about and you approached it in the right way. I agree with you that the kid gets angry because of the toys he plays with, but thats not his fault, it's the parents fault for buying him the toy. Maybe try to writes about what it would be like if parents were more strict on buying violent toys for their kids. Nice blog!
I really like this topic because toys have always connected to sexism. It has ALWAYS been that way, even when I was a child. The violence toys are most likely for the boys. The toys featuring the bright colors: red or pink are most likely for the girls.
Interesting topic!
It isn't the kids fault that he acts violently. It could do with the images from the box (like that activity we did in class when we analyzed the toy boxes.) he could also act violently because of the media and the TV shows he watches.
Would he maybe be less violent if his parents told him what to play with and what he watches?
Good Job :)
This is simply just the baby expressing his imagination through gesture.
When toddlers imagine pleasant and peaceful things, they smile and stare.
When toddlers imagine the violent and thrilling scene of a torpedo blowing up, he will probably mirror the mood of the image by grimacing or making sound effects.
I used to do this when I was a kid in the bath tub all the time with my plastic submarine.
Little boys just really really like heroic and action filled adventures.
Just look at the face of a little boy as he pretends to be indiana jones or someother action hero, and you'll notice they make the same faces.
I would also like to add that since little boys behave differently then girls, this is more of a behavioral topic than a sexist topic.
There is a difference between scientifically proven behavior differences between male and female, than saying that one sex is better or worse than the other.
Post a Comment