Monday, May 26, 2008

Kids in a small toy store


This is seven-year-old Trina.  I had a brief interview with her a few days ago at a local toy store.  I asked her what her favorite toy is.  She told me that the toy she loves to play with the most is Care Bears (like the one she is holding in the picture).  I asked her why she loves Care Bears so much.  Her response was "This one has a flower on it.  I like flowers".  I asked her what was so special about flowers in her eyes and she responded with the blunt explanation, "because".  This was to be expect since after all she is only 7 years old, however I was hoping that I could maybe have her dig deeper into her thoughts and tell me why she likes Care Bears.  

Trina had a four-year-old brother named Zander.  When I asked Zander what his favorite toy was he said Bob the Builder.  Like I did with his sister, I asked him what he liked about Bob the Builder.  He also didn't give me a legit reason.  He said that he likes the trucks and cranes.  



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm guessing that the kids were just shy and don't really know the reason why they like the things they do.

Your asking them adult questions when they are just little kids who couldn't answer honestly if they tried.